بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah The most Gracious The Most Merciful
First I will begin with the hadith: On the authority of Abu Hamzah Anas bin Malik (may Allah be pleased with him): the servant of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him),that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said : “None of you will believe until you love for your brother what you love for yourself.” (Related by Bukhari & Muslim).
A muslim should wish the best for his brother and sister in the religion. As the following hadith says: Abu Dharr reported that Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: There is no believing servant who supplicates for his brother behind his back (in his absence) that the Angels do not say: The same be for you too. (Sahih Muslim).
One should know that this advice and warning is not due to enmity but due to a muslim caring for the ummah as a whole and wanting guidance and good for their fellow muslim. The following are some of the errors some brothers and sisters have found from a popular sister caller to Islam, Farhat Hashmi. Dr. Murtaza Baksh has spoken on some of the issues that the sister has and I have also included some that brothers and sisters on the net have also pointed out, as well as some that I found browsing around her websites.
– Dr. Murtaza Baksh. The points will be listed here and the replies are also on the video as well. Replies will be given to points not given in the videos in order provide clarity for the Muslims reading this.
– Dr Murtaza Baksh is a medical doctor and an advanced student of knowledge of Islam. He studied in the massajid in Saudi Arabia under prominent Shuyoukh such as Sheikh Ubayd ibn Jabiree who gave him a tazkiyya as well as Sheikh Salih Al Fawzan.
– She said: we need a new tafsir of the quran. islam has great flexability and that we need new tafsir then we will never be successful or serve islam in the proper way.
– She has lectures by suhaib hasan on site. (has many errors from them are celebrating the mawlid with the sufis and defending the likes of hamza yusuf). He was refuted by shiekh muqbil rahimuhuallah, shiekh ubaid jabri, falah ismail and he used to argue against the fatawah of the mashayeekh such as ibn baz, uthaymeen and al albani rahimuhumAllah. Defends his son’s saying that we are a result of evolution and that adam allaihis salam’s origin is from apes.
More information on this topic can be found here : http://www.aqidah.com/creed/articles/eyiig-usamah-hasan-suhaib-hasan-darwinism-and-the-creation-of-man.cfm
– She does taweel of the kursi in ayatul kursi she corrected her meaning later on but has yet to remove it from her site.
– She makes taweel of Allah rising above his throne in surah ta-ha ayah five in which she translates it as “The Beneficent Allah is firm in power”
– Allah says do not die except you being Muslims he doesn’t say when you are Wahhabis. so die labeling yourself only as a Muslim.
– She is quoted as saying: What is the use in arguing whether the prophet allaihis salat wassalam was from noor. she said it’s a useless issue. Even if we prove nabi is bashar what do we get from this.
– She states: If it is wrong to label yourself ikhwani, shia, barelvi etc. etc. why is it ok to label yourself salafi?
– Website has links to ikhwani/qutubi personalities such as sayyid qutb himself, muhammad salih al-munajjid, jamaluddin zarabozo and aid al qarni on the website: www.islamway.net on her http://www.alhudapk.com/other-resources/recommended-links.html website. Also has link to ignorant website of www.islamicity.com
– Al maghrib institute, yasir qadhi, tawfeeq chaudry and muhmmad al shareef (who she promotes on her website and has audio/video lectures of): praising of salah as-saawee who has many errors including, Salah Sawee’s book ‘Ath-thaabit wal Mutaghayaraat’ p.290 2nd edition: “in the offering that are to the people of the graves, and in the du’a by which they address the people in the graves – when the intent by that is seeking intercession from the wali with Allaah, and in tawaaf around them, all of that the most that be said about it is that it is innovation and not shirk” Shaykh Muqbil (rahimahullaah) was writing a book on him, it is referred to in the footnotes to his book on al-qaradaawee, and he called it “al-Kaawee fee Dimaagh as-Saawee” (the caustic/burning in the brain of as-saawee). ‘Ath-thaabit wal Mutaghayaraat’ p.145 “And there is no distinguishing limits between what enters into Tawheed Rububiyyah, Tawheed Uluhiyyah and Tawheed Asmaa wa Siffaat. Rather this division in this manner – there has not been reported- as far as we know- a decisive verse, or followed sunnah.”
Yasir Qadhi: “Others whom I respect and would turn to for guidance in matters related to the situation of Western Muslims are Sh. Jafar Idris and Sh. Salah al-Sawi. I spoke with both of these Shaykhs about cooperating on a public level with certain famous individuals (who have also signed the pledge)… In any case, I have conferred with the people of knowledge whom I look up to and who are more aware of our situation than overseas Mashayikh, and they have said that I would have to weigh out the pros and cons, which I did” Thread Concering the pledge which Saalih as-Sawee signed with sufis etc. (Pledge of Mutual Respect and Cooperation Between Sunni Muslim Scholars, Organizations, and Students of Sacred Knowledge)
– On her website www.alhudapk.com : There are many different translations including that of ahmad reza khan, picktail, maududi and yusuf ail.
-The salaf have said the following regarding ahl bidah: Ibn al-Mubaarak (died 181H): “Let your company be the poor and needy and beware of sitting with a person of innovation.”
Fudayl Ibn Iyaad said: “Do not feel safe about your deen with a person of innovation. Do not consult him in your affairs and do not sit with him, for whoever sits with a person of innovation, Allaah will make him inherit blindness.”
Fudayl ibn Iyaad: “Whoever sits with a person of innovation, then beware of him and whoever sits with a person of innovation has not been given wisdom”.
Ibraaheem Ibn Maysarah (Died 132 H) said: “Whoever honours an innovator has aided in the destruction of Islaam”.
One cannot attribute salafiyah to her or anyone who refuses the classification themselves and believes it to be wrong. We also cannot do that because the salaf including the Prophet (allaihis salat wassalam) told us that we are not to honour ahl bidah and those who distort the religion. This is a principal in the religion and we cannot sugar coat things for anyone. If someone is ignorant on a ruling it is a different case but when one is advised and they persist on their error then this person is to be abandoned. The personalities mentioned in the post run to please ahl bidah yet go out of their way to disrespect the scholars of Islam and belittle them.