بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah The most Gracious The Most Merciful
Things Given To The Prophet That No Other Prophet Had
It was narrated that Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I have been given five things that were not given to any of the Prophets before me: I have been supported with fear (cast into the hearts of my enemies) for a distance of one month’s travel; the earth has been made a place of prostration and a means of purification for me, so when the time of prayer comes for any man among my ummah, let him pray; war booty has been permitted for me; a Prophet would be sent only to his own people, but I have been sent to all of mankind; and I have been given the power of intercession.” (Narrated by al-bukhari 427 and Muslim 421).
It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said: “I have been favored over the other Prophets in six ways: I have been given the gift of concise speech; I have been supported with fear; booty has been made permissible for me; the earth has been made a means of purification and a place of prostration for me; I have been sent to all of mankind; and the (line of) Prophets ends with me.” (Narrated by Muslim 523).
Points of Benefit:
1) The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) has been preferred over all other Prophets.
2) The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) is the Seal of the Prophets. There is no other Prophet after him.
“Muhammad ( صلى الله عليه و سلم) is not the father of any man among you, but he is the Messenger of Allâh and the last (end) of the Prophets. And Allâh is Ever All Aware of everything.” (Surah Al-Ahzab 33:40)
3) His (صلى الله عليه و سلم) enemies used to fear him, from the fear that Allah az wajal put into their hearts.
Allah will protect you from mankind. Verily, Allah guides not the people who disbelieve. (Surah Maidah5:67).
Ibn Kathir said about this verse: you convey My Message and I will protect, aid and support you over your enemies and will grant you victory over them. Therefore, do not have any fear or sadness, for none of them will be able to touch you with harm.
And He made me blessed wherever I may be. (Surah Maryam19:31).
4) The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) and the message of Islam were sent for all of mankind and not just a specific nation or group of people. This message will last until the end of time.
5) He (صلى الله عليه و سلم) was sent as a Mercy, a Warner and a bearer of glad tidings for all of the mankind and the jinn.
And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds.” (Surah Al-Anbiya` 21:107)
“Blessed be He Who sent down the criterion (of right and wrong, i.e. this Qur’aan) to His slave (Muhammad) that he may be a warner to the ‘Aalameen (mankind and jinn)” (Surah Al-Furqan 25:1)
6) Allah (سبحانه و تعالى) has made the entire world a place of worship for the Muslim Ummah.
The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said: “The earth has been made for me a place of prayer and purification, so whenever the time of prayer comes for any man of my ummah, let him pray.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 335; Muslim, 521.
7) War booty was made permissible to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم)
And know that whatever of war-booty that you may gain, verily one-fifth (1/5th) of it is assigned to Allâh, and to the Messenger, and to the near relatives [of the Messenger (Muhammad)], (and also) the orphans, Al-Masâkin (the poor) and the wayfarer… (Surah al-anfal 8:41).
8) The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) is given the power to intercede for his Ummah. And the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) along with his Ummah will be the first to enter Jannah.
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said, “We (Muslims) are the last (people to come in the world) but (will be) the foremost (on the Day of Resurrection).”…Sahih al-bukhari, book of Ablution, Hadith 239
9) The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) used numbers in many ahadeeth such as the signs of the hypocrite, those under the shade, 70 levels of Imaan and many others which makes it easier for us to memorize.
10) The implication that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) is the last Messenger that was also sent to all mankind indicates our obligation to spread the word of Islam so in a sense we are a messengers of the Messenger.
11) The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) had concise speech and gave the dawah with parables, this makes it easier for us to learn with greater ease.